Pages that caught my eye on February 4th from 13:38 to 21:09:
- 588 – No Land Ho: Sandy Island and the Age of Un-Discovery | Strange Maps | Big Think – Last week, the world didn’t so much lose an island, as gain a <em>phantom island</em>. To map-lovers, the former is a regrettable but increasingly common occurrence , what with rising sea levels and all. The latter, on the contrary, is an exciting event, all the more since it was presumed extin…
- Use Silica Gel Packets to Keep Nearly Any Food Fresh – You've undoubtedly seen packets of silica gel in your shoe boxes, gadget boxes, and other products, and you probably know that you're not supposed to eat it.
- The story behind Mitt Romney’s loss in the presidential campaign to President Obama – An examination by The Globe of how the 2012 presidential election unfolded shows that Mitt Romney’s problems went deeper than is widely understood. The campaign made a series of costly financial and political mistakes that, in retrospect, all but assured the candidate’s defeat against the revolution…
- Brain Pickings – Interestingness, curated – picking culture's collective brain for innovation, inspiration & brilliant ideas
- RoadTrip America – Road Trip Planning for North America – Road Trip America: Advice, maps, and resources for planning road trips in North America
- England’s King Richard III found after 500 years – LEICESTER, England (Reuters) – A skeleton with a cleaved skull and a curved spine entombed under a car park is that of Richard III, archaeologists said on Monday, solving a 500-year-old mystery about the